For your protection
Buying a home is a very important and expensive purchase – probably the most important purchase you will ever make. It’s very important to have someone help you who is educated in all the facets of real estate.
Unlike hiring an attorney to represent you, it’s one of the few instances in life where you can have professional representation and you don’t even pay for it. Realtor fees are typically paid by the home seller. Brokerage commissions are split by the Realtor listing the property, and the Realtor bringing the buyer. As a buyer, it is generally in your best interest to have a Realtor representing YOU versus using the listing agent who represents the seller.
Realtors have knowledge & CONNECTIONS
A competent Agent knows the market and will do research on the value of homes you’re interested in. If questions arise about properties, they do the necessary research with county records, cities, etc… they’ll find the answers to questions about animal rights, water rights, covenants etc…allowing you to make a well-informed purchasing decision.
They have connections with other professionals. They can direct you to qualified lenders, reputable inspectors, contractors etc…
They’re trained Professionals
- Real estate professionals take classes continually to make sure they’re educated on all new laws, procedures, forms etc…
- They have experience. .. The first time doing anything is always rocky and uncertain. experience helps take away the rockiness.
- Realtors pay dues for full access to the MLS (multiple listing service)- they can access and research all of the properties for sale (not just those from a particular brokerage), share listings via the internet, and then physically show you homes that interest you.
- Realtors are able (time allowing) to preview homes before you see them…saving you time if you’re clear on your parameters.
- Paperwork…They know what forms and contracts are needed and will make sure they’re filled out correctly and legally.
- They will manage the transactions and dates for you.
- Maybe most importantly, a trustworthy Realtor will negotiate the best terms for YOU. After you find that perfect home, research will be performed to determine the true market value of the home, ensuring that you know what you’re buying, and you don’t overpay
A competent, honest Realtor is invaluable in making your home purchase a smooth, safe and happy transaction. If you’re thinking about purchasing a home I would appreciate your consideration when choosing a Realtor. Terri Sizemore 435-770-9407